Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 1

This is not only my way to escape summer boredom. But this is also a way to relieve stress, share my experiences, and to be me. So, if this is ever bitchy, please forgive me. Let me start by introducing myself... As briefly as I can, I promise!

My name is Kiki. I am a student at Western Michigan University, where I am a Psychology Major and a Spanish Minor. I am in love with the school. It is one of the most Eco-friendly, it is a good hour-ish away from my parents, and I have felt amazing ever since I started my education there. I have one half brother, 4 parents, 8 grandparents, and 200+ cousins...

I have a lover, Kyle. He and I had our one year anniversary this past Friday, the 21st. He is my everything. As Paul Child said to Julia, he is "the butter to my bread, the breath to my life." And as Juno said to Paulie, "he is the cheese to my macaroni." I rarely ever have bad days with him. In fact, he seems to cure all of my problems.

My choice to attend Western Michigan University was complicated. I was born and raised a Spartan at Michigan State University. However, they did not accept my application. Western did. As soon as I got the acceptance letter, I knew I was going to go there. I haven't regretted the decision in the least. At first my father was highly opposed to this idea. He claimed that I would never do well, and that my High school GPA tells us I should go to a community college. I refused. It was, and is, the best decision I have ever made. Well, besides Kyle.

I chose Psychology for a few reasons.
1. I have always wanted a career where I would be helping people. Psychology lets you do that without being a cop, lawyer, doctor, or teacher.
2. Currently, I have a Psychologist AND a Psychiatrist. Don't worry, I'm not a psycho-killer. It's opened my mind to the idea of Psychology as a career.
3. I can be me! I'm not the sort of person who would wear a suit to work. Or the sort of person who isn't allowed to show her tattoos around people. My Psychologist where's her style, and so does my Psychiatrist.
4. This goes with the first one. There are so many children in America, or anywhere else in the world, who need help. My goal is to help children who can't afford Psychologists, along with those who can. I was one of the lucky kids. But I have plenty of friends who weren't.

I believe in a better world. I want to clean the earth, and I want others to join me. I buy clothing and jewelry that is recycled, or made of fabric that does not control the O-zone. I refuse to drink bottled water. The tap is just as good. And if it isn't, I use a brita water filter. If it's sunny, I don't turn on the lights. If it's hot, I close the blinds before I turn on the air. I use my car only if I need to, and I am in the process of getting a bicycle so that I'm not leaving as big of a carbon footprint.

OH! I also do Yoga. Yoga has taught me so much about my mind and body. And I'm never going back to just walking. Not only do I do Yoga. But I also spend 2 days a week at the gym.

The experiences I write here, aren't only for my use. But hopefully you, my readers, can learn from them.

Love,
Kiki

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to meet you Kiki...You have a great life goal...and sure that we can all learn from your experiences...good luck with the future.

    PS...I just wonder if your boyfriend minds being referred to as cheese...
    Dx

    ReplyDelete